Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

assembleing my 408. Few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default assembleing my 408. Few questions.

I tried to call texas speed when i got the parts in but It was too late. Id like to begin assembleing it.

1. I am unclear if the eagle rods are unidirectional, in otherwords Must they face one another when they are side to side on the crank in a certain way?

2. Whats The preferred Ring gap for a Heavy nitrous engine with a steel top ring.

3. I have weisco pistons, How do I know which one is intended for #8 where the reluctor ring will interfere.

I just want to make sure i get this right on the first shot, Can anyone help me out
Old 07-19-2009, 09:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Arrow

Originally Posted by vetteboyc5
I tried to call texas speed when i got the parts in but It was too late. Id like to begin assembleing it.

1. I am unclear if the eagle rods are unidirectional, in otherwords Must they face one another when they are side to side on the crank in a certain way?

2. Whats The preferred Ring gap for a Heavy nitrous engine with a steel top ring.

3. I have weisco pistons, How do I know which one is intended for #8 where the reluctor ring will interfere.

I just want to make sure i get this right on the first shot, Can anyone help me out
The large chamfered side on the Eagles goes toward the fillet on the crank.

Make sure you get the right pistons on each side as they are directional due to offset.

Ring gaps depends on how much NOS used. Could be .025. Could be .032. People in the NOS section could probably help you with their experience.

There is no #8 on that set of Wiseco pistons as they already clear fine.