Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Adjusting Ebrake!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting Ebrake!!

I’ve now tried to adjust my ebrake on two occasions and both didn’t work out as planned. I took the time to research how to adjust via the star adjustment thing at the base of the rear wheels. It seems that the passenger side doesn’t wont to engage at all regardless of what position the ebrake handle is in. This whole issue started after taking my car into a retarded shop where they didn’t put my ebrake down to work on my whiny rear end which they installed.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are both cables actually connected to the brakes? If so, you can remove them and pull up and e-brake just to make sure cables are working properly and not damaged. Then its just a matter of messing with the adjuster on the bottom of the e-brake shoe.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The hand brake cable on both of the wheels move the lil tab thing. But only the drivers side pushes the ebrake pads... The passenger side does not move the ebrake pads at all
Old 07-22-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you taken the rotors off and check the life of the e brake shoes or pads? I cant say I have ever been able to get my e brake to work as good as it was when I purchased the vehicle.

Like you I did the adjustment, but it only helped so much, the e brake pads dont look so good so I'm attributing that as part of the issue.

I got on it more than a few times ( pulled it 80mph and did a few spins) and ever since then has barely enough grip to keep the car from rolling. Yes very stupid. I still cant believe I had the ***** to do that and came out of it with no issues!

Now it's just a parking brake