Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor build NEED input!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor build NEED input!

hey guys doing a motor build. motor has been taken a little more then 5 over on a 02 Ls1 block. went with a wiseco forged flat top piston with a -2.2 valve relief. and eagle rods. the cam im looking at is the Texas Spd tsunami cam. anybody know anything about this cam? good power? going to run a set of stock 241 heads with a valve job done and thats it. what everybodies ideas on this set up? also plan on sprayinga progressive 225 shot of nitrous on this as well. all this is through a built T56 and spooled 9in. so whats everybody think? i this gonna work well?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

-Pistons are fine. Make sure you go with a steel top ring set if you're going to be spraying that much.
-Rods you'll want to get checked for clearances. Eagle isn't exactly known for their tolerances from the factory...
-The cam is alright. I'd go with a custom spec. cam personally but for an off-the-shelf grind it does alright.
-I'd also get a set of heads unless you're on a budget. Something like a 5.3 head shaved down to something like a 58cc or 59cc chamber. The nitrous will love the extra compression.
-If you don't get heads, you'll at the very least need to upgrade the valve springs.