Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I just purchased the 2009 G8 GT.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So I just purchased the 2009 G8 GT.

I have to say this car feels pretty quick for stock trim it produces 362hp and 385lb ft of torque.Rides like a LAC but better suspension since it was based off the Aussies. These things with just a CAI and a tune are running 12's pretty good for a family sports sedan. The motor is a L76 they call it but some guys call it the LS2.5 just because the bottom end is the LS2 block and the heads are the L92's and the intake is the LS3 intake. Sounds like a pretty good engine to me and feels pretty stout. I have already purchased the axlebacks for it from pypes exhaust and the Roto-Fab CAI for it, can't wait to put these mods on. Since having the car stock I have raced a GT Mustang and it could not keep up don't know what the stang had but definately had some exhaust work done to it, I thought that was funny.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1sicss
I have to say this car feels pretty quick for stock trim it produces 362hp and 385lb ft of torque.Rides like a LAC but better suspension since it was based off the Aussies. These things with just a CAI and a tune are running 12's pretty good for a family sports sedan. The motor is a L76 they call it but some guys call it the LS2.5 just because the bottom end is the LS2 block and the heads are the L92's and the intake is the LS3 intake. Sounds like a pretty good engine to me and feels pretty stout. I have already purchased the axlebacks for it from pypes exhaust and the Roto-Fab CAI for it, can't wait to put these mods on. Since having the car stock I have raced a GT Mustang and it could not keep up don't know what the stang had but definately had some exhaust work done to it, I thought that was funny.
Congrads on your purchase you will love it I am sure. I test drove one the other day and they are very very nice cars. I want one really bad but I got to talk the lady into buying my poor *** one...
Old 07-23-2009, 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D-Webz
Congrads on your purchase you will love it I am sure. I test drove one the other day and they are very very nice cars. I want one really bad but I got to talk the lady into buying my poor *** one...
Yeah..I've given up on trying to talk the wife into trading her Trailblazer for one...
Old 07-24-2009, 06:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Petraszewsky
Yeah..I've given up on trying to talk the wife into trading her Trailblazer for one...
Never give up! I've been trying to trade the trailblazer since I first set eyes on the GT. I think I'm finally getting to her!

Congrats on the purchase. I'm happy for you and jealous of you.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:57 AM
TECH Junkie

I am trying to get my wife to trade her car in and get one, I was trying to convince her that a baby seat will fit in much better in the G8 than a little corolla, and she can go to the track with the guys and not feel weird.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

Nice man, I love those cars.