Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E being rebuildt help please!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L60E being rebuildt help please!

Well my car is supposed to be done on Monday, have to say I am very disappointed with the transmission shop that I took the car to. First off I talked to them about ordering a FLT or PerformaBuildt Transmission and they talked me into letting them rebuild it. I decided it couldn't be a bad option because I heard from my gf's dad that they do very good work and he has never heard anything bad about them. So I had it put on a flat bed and taken there since I was two hours from home. I got a phone call the next monday to tell me what they found, said my 3-4 clutched went out and they were going to do a rebuild and would need to install a new torque converter as well. He insisted I go with the stock stall again and I told him no I want a 3600 single disk stall. He told me that they ordered their converters directly from Precision Industries and he would call them to see what they recommended for a stock motor to keep in my powerband for street driving. About an hour later I got a phone call saying that he talked to them and they recommended a 2200 stall and no greater than that without a performance cam and a tune. So I settled with that. I then e-mailed Precission Industries who told me they have never heard of this shop, don't supply parts to them and never talked to this mechanic that I talked to. I am pissed, what is a person to do now? Any suggestions the car is supposed to be ready to pick up Monday? Also on a side note I told him to put in a 24000 GVW transmission cooler and he told me he had a 19000 GVW and it was not necessary to do the 24000 it seems like everything I want he tells me is overkill any feedback on this as well would be nice.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Banned

You need to go there and tell them that they work for you. They do work, you pay them.
Tell them what you want and make them do it.
If not tell them to stop all work, give you a written invoice of parts and services rendered, pay and get the car out of there. (on a flatbed)
It's your car, if you need to call the police and demand they give it up, after you pay whats been done so far, which will probably go up in price.

Or let them do what you don't want, pay and hate it.

They didn't want to install someone elses trans because thats less profit for them. They don't want to go big on the stall speed because some cars need to be tuned very soon after the initial run and they can't do it, and don't want to be responsible for it not working right.

So thats...tell them what you want...if they don't do it, pay for whats been done and take the car to someone else....or let them jerk you around and give you **** you don't want and won't be happy with.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2002CAMAROSSLS1T56
You need to go there and tell them that they work for you. They do work, you pay them.
Tell them what you want and make them do it.
If not tell them to stop all work, give you a written invoice of parts and services rendered, pay and get the car out of there. (on a flatbed)
It's your car, if you need to call the police and demand they give it up, after you pay whats been done so far, which will probably go up in price.

Or let them do what you don't want, pay and hate it.

They didn't want to install someone elses trans because thats less profit for them. They don't want to go big on the stall speed because some cars need to be tuned very soon after the initial run and they can't do it, and don't want to be responsible for it not working right.

So thats...tell them what you want...if they don't do it, pay for whats been done and take the car to someone else....or let them jerk you around and give you **** you don't want and won't be happy with.

x2 great post. It all comes down to how much money 'THEY' will make.

sounds like they deal with with minivans and hondas, not higher performance cars. Unfortunitaly your gonna have to pay them for what they did then go somewhere else or buy something else that will make you happy. like posted above, its your money tell them what YOU want. If they cant do it take your car and leave. Its not like your dealing with a few hundred bucks. Im sure its well in the thousands by now.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

wow, lol I have a 3000stallin mine and i wish I had went bigger 2200 lol thats not much more than stocker you really need to get your car out of thatshop man
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!