Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stall problems....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stall problems....

I just installed my stall converter ( TCI 3500 ) a little while ago and when i come to a stop or bearly moving at dies....I ran it for about 15 to 20 min....do i need more time for the computer to relearn itself or should i raise the idle or need to get it tuned....Any ideas...
Old 07-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Banned

Probably needs to be tuned. I've heard people say they run stock tunes for a while with no problems.
My car was acting up within the first 10 miles.
At that point I had already searched the site here and was working on a tune, changed the specific problem areas and it ran ok. Then I spent a good bit of time getting it fine tuned myself.

There are a few things to change that effect idle.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Well i actally had this stall in my car about 2 years ago and i never had a problem with it wanting to die all the time, it would die every once in awhile but nothing like it was doing eariler....I had took the converter out about a year ago just so i could make it more driveable, but since i dont drive it everyday and got bored of my car i decided to put it back in....and im just kinda thinking to myself what happened, i can only think the computer needs to relearn itself....