Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

sjm abs delete kit? need alittle help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sjm abs delete kit? need alittle help!!

ok i put this kit on my car. after bleedn the brakes 2 times the brake pedal is still gong to the floor?? it takes it a min to go to the floor,, setting at a red lite for a few min. it will slowly go to the floor,, i didnt see any leaks, what do u guys think???
Old 07-25-2009, 08:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Air still in the system or a bad master cyl??
Old 07-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Launching!

MIne did the same thing. Still has air in the system! bleed again.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bleed, Bleed, and Bleed again. Did the master run dry when you had the lines pulled out of it? If so the master needs to be bench bled.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:51 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My guess if the brake system operated normally prior to deleing ABS, you've got air in your system still.

Regarding bench bleeding...To save a step, you don't have to take the master cylinder out to bleed it. If necessary, remove a line leading from one an inlet components running a clear tube from it back to the master cylinder, circulate the new fluid back to the reservoir until you don't see bubbles anymore.

The whole bleeding process should not need more than a large standard (32oz) bottle of fluid. If you're in need of more, you're either wasting fluid or letting air back into the system somewhere. Most fluid is old (considering the last year would have been 2002...and most never replace their fluid). Before you start, siphon most of the old fluid from the reservoir replacing it with new. This ensures you have less contamination with old fluid reducing slow dilution of old/new fluid until you have primarily fresh clear fluid (an area if you do not do this step...you'll be going through quite a bit of fluid).

It should be rather easy to bleed the whole system since the ABS controller is no longer installed.

Good luck.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks guys ya the brakes worked find before the abs delete, the master never ran dry