Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lookingg for traction

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lookingg for traction

i just ordered a fuddle 3600 rpm stall with a 2.2 str
i have stiffined my rear suspension a little but i havent purchased any parts.
i do have kyb adjustable shocks up front and subframe connectors. what do i need next to make the car hook on some 315 35 nitto drag radials. my car is a full bolt on cat with a cc503 cam and 3.90 gears.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I would recommend first a set of control arm relocation brackets and a set of control arms. These items are usually the first items for the best price and very noticable improvements when installed. Next would be a torque arm. I posted a few links.. please take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Relocation Brackets- www.umiperformance.com/2012

Control Arms- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...Path=7_138_101

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 08-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
I would recommend first a set of control arm relocation brackets and a set of control arms. These items are usually the first items for the best price and very noticable improvements when installed. Next would be a torque arm. I posted a few links.. please take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Relocation Brackets- www.umiperformance.com/2012

Control Arms- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...Path=7_138_101

Thank you!
Ryan
i have a set of weld in relocation brackets on my rear end, i forgot to mention them. i also have a piece of steel welded to the bottom of my lcas. would they still give me the best bang for my buck?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kalebm22
i have a set of weld in relocation brackets on my rear end, i forgot to mention them. i also have a piece of steel welded to the bottom of my lcas. would they still give me the best bang for my buck?
Did you replace the bushings in the control arms too or are they just factory rubber bushings?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Restricted User

Did you replace the bushings in the control arms too or are they just factory rubber bushings?
they are just factory bushings
Old 08-11-2009, 07:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are just factory bushings
Hello
Eventually the rubber will start to dry root and breakdown. And you will get some play and possibly wheel hopping issues. That is the reason why we always suggest going with a poly bushing and use them in our own control arms they hold up really well and last longer than rubber. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 08-11-2009, 08:53 AM
FormerVendor

Yes Brad is correct on the polyurethane bushings. You can also consider rod ends will work even better but can be a little rough on the street.

The next things I would recommend are a good set of adjustable rear shocks and a torque arm. We use QA1 rear shocks and they work excellent, they are however priced at $149.99 each
Old 08-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Restricted User

Yes Brad is correct on the polyurethane bushings. You can also consider rod ends will work even better but can be a little rough on the street.

The next things I would recommend are a good set of adjustable rear shocks and a torque arm. We use QA1 rear shocks and they work excellent, they are however priced at $149.99 each
is it best to set the rear shocks loose for drag racing?
Old 08-11-2009, 03:47 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

is it best to set the rear shocks loose for drag racing?
Hello, no you want to set your rear shock pretty stiff. The f bodies don't need a lot of movement in the rear suspension.

Just to give you another option on your parts choice we have a complete line of suspension from front to rear for your car. Here is a link to our site. If you have any questions about any of our products or need help choosing which parts are right for your driving style please give me a call. Im more than happy to help.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/index.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!