Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

help!!-procharger making weird noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!-procharger making weird noise

ok i got a ls1 with a d1sc procharger on it . about 4 months ago i installed a fast92mm intake and throttle body. about 2-3 days after the install while i am driving a weird squeaking noise[ kind of like belts squeaking]came from somewhere in the engine bay. so i popped the hood and turned the car off and thats when a long sound of pressure being sucked or blown from the procharger happened. it happens every time i take the car out now. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks to all of your help!!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:17 PM
10 Second Club

Default loud squeaking

Not sure if this helps but.... mine made the loud squeaking noise once and it was an intake leak. My intake was the aluminum bbk one with a removal bottom plate. The bolts in the plate came loose and it was sucking air.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:19 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssracer337
Not sure if this helps but.... mine made the loud squeaking noise once and it was an intake leak. My intake was the aluminum bbk one with a removal bottom plate. The bolts in the plate came loose and it was sucking air.
This is where I would start my search to find the problem too. Bob
Old 08-13-2009, 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

3rd, sounds like an intake leak after the fast install .. They make special gaskets for the fast right ..
Old 08-13-2009, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

ok i will check the intake but i am 100% sure that its from the blower cause i will turn the car off and go to the engine bay and is not coming from where the intake is its from down underEXACTLY where the procharger sits. it has been dyno tuned at EPP however i am just too far now. do you think texas speed can give it a really good tune and help me out.i know EPP specializes in prochargers and would be a great help they are just too far. never been to teaxas speed. do u think they will be familiar with procharger
Old 10-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Cool

I would disconnect the belt from the charger and see if the sound continues.

Quick Reply: help!!-procharger making weird noise