Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ory & cutout w/o LTs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ory & cutout w/o LTs?

if i welded straight pipes in the place of the cats and installed an electric cutout would i see and power with my current set-up. i love the way my lm2 cb only sounds right now but would love to have the option to flip a switch and have a nasty sounding ls1 as well.

and also would driving around with the cutout closed w/o cats be much louder than it is now w/ cats?

i know its not the normal "get LTs right now man!!" route but i just don't want to have a loud car all the time because i drive my car almost every day.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes removing the cats will make it louder. I doubt you will gain anything other than drone and rasp tho.

Adding a cutout MIGHT add like 5hp to a stock internal car with manifolds.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Launching!

more flow is more power so I think you will gain something
Old 08-14-2009, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

a couple months ago i had the slp ypipe installed and removed the cats and put in straight pipes. i noticed a power gain and like the sound, its a little raspy but sounds loud and grat at WOT. id say go for it, by the way i have a cutout that hasnt been installed yet so do that and u will get some more power for sure with stock manifolds