Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Cable & Bracket Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Throttle Cable & Bracket Issue

I was driving along today, and my gas pedal dropped off and sat on the floor. I opened the hood to see my throttle cable off of the throttle body. It sits very loosely in the bracket.

Anyone else dealt with this? How to you get it to say on the bracket better?

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the clip is broke then I would buy a used cable from a salvage yard. Another option would be to JB Weld it on. If you go that route use JB Weld not JB Quick. Then let it sit for 24 hrs to fully cure. You could then pain over the epoxy with black paint so that it doesn't stand out.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Actually I just thought of a much better way. I can't post a pic on the site since I'm on my cell but pm me your email addres and I can take a pic of a drawing and email it to u. It's alot easier than going through photobucket. To post on the site.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

Wait. Are taking about it comming off of the throttle cable bracket or the throttle body butterfly bracket. If it's the throttle body butterfly braket and you have traction control then you can adjust the tension and length of the cable where the two large black clips are on the cable lines comming from the firewall. They should be between the ac accumulator and the firewall on the passenger side. Just pull the clip off and pull on the cable untill it's tight then re clip.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It slipped off the mounting bracket (which is attached onto the intake). It was still connected to the TB butterfly bracket. The car does not have traction control.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

If the clip that slides into the bracket isn't broken then just dab a little bit of clear silicone where it sits in the bracket and hopefully that should work