Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STS Turbo, worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS Turbo, worth it?

So, i've been doing some reading on this STS Turbo system...What do you guys think about it? Does it really make power and is it worth it? Looks pretty cool to me and seems like a quick easy install...It also seems like it wouldn't be too hard on the motor...

http://www.ststurbo.com/
Old 08-14-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great way to get in to the boosted world. But there are so many things that have to be done to have it make good power. Yes a intercooler is needed per what the website says. also opt for the 60-1 trim and save the money to get a mpt 70 over the 67 upgrade from sts the mpt is way cheaper and it bolts straight up. I would do a pro charger tho because of all the short comings of the sts. You will have to hang the pipes well to avoild rubbing. My kit was a sts but i did another 1800 worth of mods to it to put me at my power level now. I have a love hate for rearmounts but its fun.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wrong section. A lot of people arent satisfied with it. The vette (twin turbo) one is a lot better. I'd look into the APS kit if you can fork over the money, or a supercharger if you cant.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Launching!

I was asking the performace shop thats building my car and they didnt sound to excited about doing one.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Flaring Afro
Wrong section. A lot of people arent satisfied with it. The vette (twin turbo) one is a lot better. I'd look into the APS kit if you can fork over the money, or a supercharger if you cant.
Well, what is the best route then? I would like to take the cheaper alternative if possible...So, would a procharger be the cheapest and best option?

How much does this stuff cost?