Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad vibration with turbo 350 swap HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad vibration with turbo 350 swap HELP PLEASE

02 z28 got rid of the 4lshitty and put a th350 in it with matching converter,replaced verter and flywheel 2 times and tranny completely replace 2 times still have vibration at 2k and 3k normal drivn.But at wide open throttle u cant feel it.. i have a aftermarket tranny mount so im gonna swap it out with the facory and see if that makes a difference . Its a solid mount so im jus gonna see if that factory rubber one makes a difference... also this vibration is in neutral and park too, when you hold the rpms.. Also have replaced the driveshaft two times and unhooked the tranny from the flywheel and vibration leaves...could it be that hardass aftermarket mount???hmmmm any help would be great>>>
Old 08-16-2009, 12:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Yes this is a common issue with solid and polymounts, Changing to the stock mount will likley solve your issue.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 08-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Teching In

man thats good news
Old 08-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Teching In

thanx alot for the input
Old 08-16-2009, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by termntr
02 z28 got rid of the 4lshitty and put a th350 in it with matching converter,replaced verter and flywheel 2 times and tranny completely replace 2 times still have vibration at 2k and 3k normal drivn.But at wide open throttle u cant feel it.. i have a aftermarket tranny mount so im gonna swap it out with the facory and see if that makes a difference . Its a solid mount so im jus gonna see if that factory rubber one makes a difference... also this vibration is in neutral and park too, when you hold the rpms.. Also have replaced the driveshaft two times and unhooked the tranny from the flywheel and vibration leaves...could it be that hardass aftermarket mount???hmmmm any help would be great>>>
I have a similar vibration .I have a PTC th350/SS3200 setup.Using stock mounts though with the BMR tranny xmember. Vibrates while in neutral,while cruising around 2500rpm on up,part throttle runs.Cant feel it much at WOT. I also notice it more with the cutout closed than opened.Kinda odd but true.

I havent replaced anything.Dont remember it doin this before i broke the tranny the first time(though I didnt have it long).I did get the converter restalled while it was out last.The converter not bein right is the only thing i could think of.Now im not so sure after reading your issues.Still might get it sent and looked at anyway just to be sure.Ruins enjoying my car.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by formybird
I have a similar vibration .I have a PTC th350/SS3200 setup.Using stock mounts though with the BMR tranny xmember. Vibrates while in neutral,while cruising around 2500rpm on up,part throttle runs.Cant feel it much at WOT. I also notice it more with the cutout closed than opened.Kinda odd but true.

I havent replaced anything.Dont remember it doin this before i broke the tranny the first time(though I didnt have it long).I did get the converter restalled while it was out last.The converter not bein right is the only thing i could think of.Now im not so sure after reading your issues.Still might get it sent and looked at anyway just to be sure.Ruins enjoying my car.

YEH i still am having vibration issues after the tranny swap also,put another tranny in it and its bak again same rpm... im gonna swap mpounts and see if it helps...

Quick Reply: bad vibration with turbo 350 swap HELP PLEASE