Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adj. LCA and panhard bar installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adj. LCA and panhard bar installed

I just installed some adjustable Lower control arms, and a panhard bar.

All i really did was adjust them to fit, the panhard bar had to be extended out a bit to reach the other side. The lower control arms pretty much fit in just as they were, just slightly opened longer.

My question is, is that what it means for them to be adjustable or can you do more?

Ive only drove it once so far since adding them, when i got on it, i didnt feel the rear slide to one side or the other, which is great.

When i was going down a ramp at 45, it felt like the car was tight, like not wanting to turn. I hit a small bump and i really felt it, i dont remember it being like that, but maybe it was just a bad bump.

I know the panhard bar will come in handy when i get my 17x11 rear wheels and 315s on it, but again it being adjustable is just for that? to center the rear?

Thanks, just wanting to make sure i have everything like i should
Old 08-17-2009, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, adjustable LCAs center the rear front to rear, and the PHR centers it side to side in the chassis.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
Yup, adjustable LCAs center the rear front to rear, and the PHR centers it side to side in the chassis.
He's right! Another suggestion is make sure you have enough threads from the rod end still in the control arm for a safe ride!
Thanks
Brad
Old 08-18-2009, 08:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!

Now to figure out how these parts get better traction and such over stock. They look better and look dependable but they dont have anything the stock parts dont have, just more dependable and sturdy.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:08 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

[quote=Cruzer23;12085451]
I hit a small bump and i really felt it, i dont remember it being like that, but maybe it was just a bad bump.

Hello, with aftermarket lca's you are going to feel bumps and bad spots in the road more than you will with a factory arm. The durometer of the bushings is higher (harder) than the factory rubber bushings. This will transmit more nvh than the factory setup.

Make sure that you have both control arms the exact same length or the car will not track straight. Once you get the new wheels and tires on you will need that adjustable panhard bar to get the rearend centered.

If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call. I am in the office until 5:30pm est mon-fri.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:35 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruzer23
Thanks!

Now to figure out how these parts get better traction and such over stock. They look better and look dependable but they dont have anything the stock parts dont have, just more dependable and sturdy.
The benefit to the aftermarket parts are strength and performance. the factory rubber bushings have alot of deflection and absorb a good amount of the power being transmitted thru the control arms. The control arms will make the car more consistant but there are other factors that will effect your cars performance. The control arms alone are not going to give you the ultimate performing car. You are going to need some other components to get the most out of it. If you daily drive and do some drag racing you will need a set of control arm relocation brackets to get maximum weight transfer.
Something else to consider is your torque arm. If you do corner carving you will want ot upgrade you shock setup, sway bars and your springs.
Give me a call here at the office and we can go over your setup.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Adj. LCA and panhard bar installed