PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo for tuning after cam install??

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Diablo for tuning after cam install??

Hey, all... I just bought an '02 model truck and am considering putting in the '02 LS6 cam (motor is the 5.3L). While I don't doubt that the truck would run on the stock programming, it would obviously need to be tuned for best performance. Obviously, LS1 Edit has this capability, but will the limited (compared to LS1 Edit) functionality of the Diablo allow me to get the truck properly tuned??

Since it's a pretty mild cam I wouldn't think that anything crazy would be required, but I could easily be wrong.

Thanks for any input, folks...
Old 11-23-2003, 10:55 PM
Restricted User

I am running a TR224 cam and Predator tuning no problem. You have to have some kind of logging ability and then provide the feedback to the vendor for tuning. The Predator is a very in-depth programmer, just not on our (end user) level. My tune has changed the idle, AFR, timing, low and High octane tables, TM, deleted emissions codes, A4 trans parameters, !COT, and the list goes on, you just gotta know what to ask for.

Charlie.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:24 AM
Teching In

hi, im new on this site and in the world of modifiing ls1 's. three weeks ago i bought a 1999 z28 hardtop auto and im looking at what mods to do . my question is can the diabl predator allow me to do mods know and is it used for extreme mod tuning like cams and heads? i already have bought a lid k&n filter and done all my free mods but im looking at building a cam only car. will the predator allow me to tune for something like a lgm g5x2 cam ? and yank pt4400 ? in the future or do i have to get that professionally tuned or look to ls1 edit ?any info would be greatly appreciated, jeremy
Old 05-14-2004, 09:16 AM
10 Second Club

You can get custom tunes for the Predator for just about ANY mods. I bought mine from James @ RunninWithTheDevil, and he is providing custom tunes for free to his customers. It took him a couple tries, but my a/f is dead-nuts perfect now (12.8 to 13.1 across the rpm band) and I have 0 KR. People that bought them someplace else can get them for $100. He's a sponsor on LS2.com, but not here. Other places offer them too, but for more $.

Quick Reply: Diablo for tuning after cam install??