Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ram dual disk not releasing..

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram dual disk not releasing..

I have a ram dual disk and I took out the plastic spacers and run the steels all the way around now and i have replaced the master with an adjustable one. that helped a little bit but is still not correct due to the rod being adjusted to its maximum stroke and almost to te point that the clutch safty switch won't function. I am running a 6.0 liter iron block and still run a 5.7 crank that so nothing has changed that would cause the clutch to work improperly. I have also replaced the slave three times thinking it was defective. I am curious if a spacer plate should be used? any help or insight to this problem would be great and the sound of grinding gears when the clutch is depressed with a three thousand dollar t56 is the most painful sound a man can hear. i have called Ram several times and they WONT return my calls, becuse they either forget or are "busy".... open dicussion to anyone with answers, tests, bleeding proceedures Im stumped....
Old 08-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Teching In

any help?
Old 08-25-2009, 02:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you could use a shim behind the slave.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Had the same problem with mine.

I had to cut the bumpstop inside the master cylinder to increase displacement. The bumpstop has a cone shape. You have to remove the snap ring and piston. Stop is located under the spring. You can remove 3/8-1/2''. Be careful with the seals when you reassemble the piston.

Make sure you use a Mityvac to bleed your system also.

It should work with no shim

Have this clutch for 2 years now and works very good

SSDION
Quebec
Canada