Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Urethane tranny and torque arm mounts. Vibration?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urethane tranny and torque arm mounts. Vibration?

Hey guys just got done with my clutch install. I did a Monster Level 3 w/ chromoly flywheel and I replaced the tranny and torque arm mounts with Urethane as both stock mounts were shot. I now have a pretty pronouced vibration. Is this normal with the urethane parts or do I have another issue? The clutch seems to be working awesome.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:05 PM
FormerVendor

Polyurethane bushings noramlly offer a more harsh and "squeaky" ride, that can transmit some vibration, sure.

When are you noticing it the most?
Old 08-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Launching!

Like sustained cruising speeds. At say 55mph it is pretty prominent, but not overly annoying. I am thinking it is just the difference of going from two super sofrt bad mounts to brand new very stiff ones. The clutch seems great Derrick
Old 08-22-2009, 05:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TheSecretFormula
Like sustained cruising speeds. At say 55mph it is pretty prominent, but not overly annoying. I am thinking it is just the difference of going from two super sofrt bad mounts to brand new very stiff ones. The clutch seems great Derrick

Yeah, that sounds like a "mount" type of issue from what you are describing. Keep an eye or should I say "butt" on it, and let me know. IF you are REALLY bored, you could put in your old mounts for a small amount of time and see if it goes away if you are really concerned (would be the easiest and cheapest way to diagnose it for sure). Obviously if it goes away, you know it is mount. If still there, than other.

I am glad you are liking it, and if you have any other concerns ever, you know how to find me . Pleasure doing business with you.