Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Nother clutch issue :bang:

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nother clutch issue :bang:

I having issues with my clutch need some advise on my next step. I have had a problem after the car goes WOT the pedal would release real low. So I was well maybe the headers where heating up the clutch fluid. So I did not think anything of it.
Fast forward till today. Sitting in bumper to bumper traffic. I went to go and the pedal stuck to the floor. I said O ****. Glad I did not hit the the person in front of me. The car start to jerk than stalled. So I pulled the pedal off the floor pumped the pedal one time and she was fine.
Tonight. I flushed out the old clutch fluid and installed new stuff. I used a mity vac to suck the air out. NO air at all. Started the car and backed it out of my drive way. Pedal stuck the to the floor. Damn. Pulled it off the floor and it was fine. Went and drove the car everything was ok till I went WOT again. Locked me out of all gears. Pumped the pedal and it was fine again.
I got it back to the house and mity vac'd it while the car was running pulled a small air bubble or two out.

Is this a concern of air still trapped in the system or a faulty hydro part? i.e Master or slave? The master and slave are the up graded 01+ and the car only has 40k.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a mc what clutch r u running?
Old 08-23-2009, 04:11 PM
FormerVendor

Your MC and/or slave has gone bad.

Edit: The reason I say that (and NOT air in system) is you said you were driving teh car when this happened. So, unless you ran the system dry, and got air in it (which if that is the case, you have a leak, and a bad mc/slave anyways) so that is why I say mc and/or slave.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 30th6
sounds like a mc what clutch r u running?
Originally Posted by Gen414
Your MC and/or slave has gone bad.

Edit: The reason I say that (and NOT air in system) is you said you were driving teh car when this happened. So, unless you ran the system dry, and got air in it (which if that is the case, you have a leak, and a bad mc/slave anyways) so that is why I say mc and/or slave.
It was the master. I swapped it out with a spare McLeod that i had lying around and it was gone. LS6 clutch BTW
Old 08-23-2009, 04:28 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RsSean
It was the master.

Cool. Glad ya got fixed up.