Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

unpluged wire on the trans?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 03:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unpluged wire on the trans?

i was under the car today and i noticed there was a plug undone on my trans it on the right rear side on the trans anyone know wtf it is i just got the car and i am new with 4th gens idk if i should plug it in or not the wire is taped off anyone know what it is and what it does and should it be plugged in
Old 08-26-2009, 06:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by InTheHawk23
i was under the car today and i noticed there was a plug undone on my trans it on the right rear side on the trans anyone know wtf it is i just got the car and i am new with 4th gens idk if i should plug it in or not the wire is taped off anyone know what it is and what it does and should it be plugged in

Take a picture of it. Well, depending on "your" right side, could be skip shift, speed sensor....

Any problems with car while driving? Any SES lights?
Old 08-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Gen414
Take a picture of it. Well, depending on "your" right side, could be skip shift, speed sensor....

Any problems with car while driving? Any SES lights?
yeah alot lol the ses light is on the owner before me has deleted the cats off the car and put in the tuner on the plugs to tune them out and 1 of them is bad and sometimes when i drive it gets ready hard to shift sometime i cant at all i will get a pic up soon also the skip shift light does come on when im in first but i can shift to any gear i want
Old 08-28-2009, 10:57 PM
11 Second Club

If you can shift into 2nd with the light on, then its probably the skip shift thats unplugged. I think its on the driver side if I am not mistaken

Quick Reply: unpluged wire on the trans?