Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 04:43 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default help with nitrous

ok, so one of my friends friend has a supercharged stang and is gonna come up to the track with us this sat. if its nice. i got a zex wet nitrous kit collecting dust, so i think im gonna spray the ls1 so i dont get beat by a mustang. i was just wondering if i spray 100 shot wet, how will my tune be, all i have is slp lid, 4:10's and magnaflow catback with a M6? and where is a good spot to go through the firewall, ill prob just spray for a weekend then pull the kit out. and, what jets do you recomend for spraying 100 shot or 125 shot? im running the 10 bolt so ill be on street tires and probably only spray once im in 2nd gear. what do you guys think ill run, i dont really care about et, i just want a good trap
thanks

and does anyone know if with the zex kit, can i just hook a button up to the wire that is susposed to tap into the tps?
Old 08-27-2009, 01:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If your car still has the stock tune in it you should be fine with a 100 shot as far as timing goes You need to change the spark plugs to a NGK BR7EF. YOu also need to varify the airfuel is correct for safety.

I always run the main feed line through the pcm harness hole in the firewall behind the PCM.

You should be able to use the button with the sex unit by setting the TPS with the button pushed. Im not sure though... Since the zex is so easy to wiore up I would just wire the tps up like its suppose to be.

Keep in mind that 90 percent of the nitrous blew my car up post are from people going about it just like you are. A quick slap on the car for the weekend with no windowswitch and no tune...

Dave
Old 08-27-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should def. have a window switch with a manual. for sure. especially if you are new to spraying.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:20 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok, ive sprayed before, just not in the camaro. i want a button so i dont have to worry about spraying and shifting, ill just wait untill i get into 2nd then spray and spray 3rd and 4th