Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trasnmission problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trasnmission problem

I was driving my car today and when i heard a part of some sort fall of the car... I am sure it has something to do with the transmission because when i shift it into park or neutral it feels different now... it has a smoother feel like its not locking into place correctly... It is an automatic.

If anyone could shed some light as to what went missing that would be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks.

2000 Camaro Z28
Automatic transmission.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by surfinlab
I was driving my car today and when i heard a part of some sort fall of the car... I am sure it has something to do with the transmission because when i shift it into park or neutral it feels different now... it has a smoother feel like its not locking into place correctly... It is an automatic.

If anyone could shed some light as to what went missing that would be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks.

2000 Camaro Z28
Automatic transmission.
the only thing I can think of would be a nut that would hold the cable on the transmission.. Check that out and see if it maybe fell off.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:57 AM
Banned

theres no bolt, it just pops on if that came of the car just would move into any gear. Search google for undercarege pictures and compare them to your car.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by devilssled
theres no bolt, it just pops on if that came of the car just would move into any gear. Search google for undercarege pictures and compare them to your car.
Must be different then a 99. I have a nut that holds the cable to the transmission where it will shift. also two bolts that hole a bracket to the pan where the cable is to support it.. I figured they would all be the same.. I will take a look i'm curious now.