Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lt1 lowering

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lt1 lowering

hey im looking at the eibach prokit right now. The problem is i dont have the extra cash right now for some new shocks. As off right now my shocks are newer and actually really stiff on the car. My question is, is it safe to just do the springs and hold off on the shocks for a few months? thanks!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:20 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by onebadredz28
hey im looking at the eibach prokit right now. The problem is i dont have the extra cash right now for some new shocks. As off right now my shocks are newer and actually really stiff on the car. My question is, is it safe to just do the springs and hold off on the shocks for a few months? thanks!

Im sure you realize that your car will handle and ride better with the right shocks. You can get by using the shocks that you already have just make sure that you upgrade as soon as you can. When you get ready we offer a nonadjustable shock. Tokico Hp series is a very good non adjustable shock that works well with a lowering spring. They are reasonably priced and are in stock and ready to ship. If you have any questions please let me know.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed the Eibach springs on my '96 Z-28 way back when the car was brand new. I said to myself, "Hey, the shocks are brand new, they should be fine"....Yeah, right!

The OE DeCarbon shocks are completely wrong for the Eibach springs, however I drove the car for several years set up that way. There are several opinions about which shocks are the "right" ones, but all I'll say is that I put in the SLP revalved Bilsteins about 8 years ago, and they were a terrific improvement over the OEs.

One thing to consider....Swapping out the front springs is a bit of a project, and in the process, you're removing the shocks anyway. Why go through the grief twice?? Save your money and get both the shocks and springs when the budget allows, then do the job just once. Trust me, you'll be glad you did it only once.....And, don't forget to replace the upper shock mounts. They're rubber pieces, and don't last forever.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Put the money towards some good shocks first.