Sponsored by: DashLynx

Meguiars HyperDressing Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Meguiars HyperDressing Questions

Hello All,

well a friend of mine has a few extra bottles of this stuff and is giving it to me because he feels no need to use it on his 99 Camry. He never used it but how can I turn free stuff away. I was just wondering in case there is no specific directions on the bottle, is there a certain process in order to get the best result from this product. And are there things I should not use it on like metals or certain parts it should not go on, like the intake manifold or certain hoses. Also will it stain anything if I coincidently put it on that thing. I am real excited because I want to start detailing and customizing my engine bay. Is CD-2 better

Last edited by ICEMAN 31; 09-04-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hyper dressing is awesome stuff. Make sure & dillute it though. You'll love how it "evens" itself out where you spray it.

1:1 High gloss

2:1 Medium gloss

3:1 Satin gloss

4:1 Natural
Old 09-06-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

thank you that helps a lot

But what I was really am scared of is damaging some important want, I heard a rumor that knock sensors can be damaged, do I have to cover the alternator or battery and fuse box when using this product. Also can you use this alone or must you hose the engine down and can you hose an ls1 down without messing something up
Old 09-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Just keep the water from flowing directly on the PCM and the coils/spark plugs. As for the hyperdressing, it wont hurt anything. I have the same stuff and mix it 2:1. It works great on leather seats.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigtymer386
Just keep the water from flowing directly on the PCM and the coils/spark plugs. As for the hyperdressing, it wont hurt anything. I have the same stuff and mix it 2:1. It works great on leather seats.
should I use a degreaser first, if so which one. Also do I just spray hyper dressing on and let it settle or do I scrub it on the parts. SHould the engine bay be hot
Old 09-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
should I use a degreaser first, if so which one. Also do I just spray hyper dressing on and let it settle or do I scrub it on the parts. SHould the engine bay be hot
I would use a degreaser like simple green first, yes. Try to keep that stuff off of any painted surface as much as you can. a cool engine will clean up better than a hot one as the degreaser tends to bake off or evaporate as soon as it hits anything thats hot. Pressure washing everything after doing the above will give you the best results as a plain garden hose stream doesnt really get in there very well. After rinsing, if you have an air compressor blow any/ all water out of all the areas you cant get a towel into. Spray the dressing on everything you want to shine (pretty much everything ). Any hyperdressing that is "puddled" just wipe and enjoy a sparkling engine bay. FWIW, i had a problem with this stuff becoming a little greasy and built up with dirt/dust over time. I just kept up on it by wiping everything with a dry towel to restore the look. Post some pictures up when your done! Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Meguiars HyperDressing Questions