Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0751 Code Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 03:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0751 Code Question

Threw the code P0751 and was at the track today. I have actually threw it once before but just have it cancelled, but came back on recently. The car still seems to drive normal around town and on the highway.

I have the stock stall in the car. Found this quote in the stickies about the code.

Shift Solenoid A Performance or Stuck Off/
1-2 Shift Solenoid Valve Performance
Can be set due to a bad **** solenoid but also can be set due to a high stall converter. In the case of high stall converters the test for this code should be removed from programing. This code may result in limp mode allways in 3rd gear. Also if you want to let the PCM control lockup with a FMVB this code must be turned off.
Can I just have it removed from programing even with a stock stall? Or do I have to actually replace the solenoid. Car ran great at the track, even had a personal best. But, on the 1-2 shift it felt like the trans might have slipped a bit on 2 of my runs. Is that just because it's in limp mode, because I need a new solenoid, or something worse? Probably not the smartest thing to run the car today, but it threw the code on my way there and it was a 2 hour drive so... I had to run after traveling that far. It popped on as I was going slow over some rough railroad tracks if that makes a difference.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the same code today on a stock stall. Anyone have some helpful info?

Quick Reply: P0751 Code Question