Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

confusion about revalved bilsteins...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default confusion about revalved bilsteins...

through out my searches of suspension i have heard many of times that the re-valved bilsteins are good, and they also have a stock stock which isnt as good for lowering springs. From my knowledge the bilstein HD's are the ones with stock valving that arent good for lowering springs and not so great for auto x use. On stranoparts.com i noticed they had slp bilsteins and it says it's intended for auto-cross. So my question is that the re-valved bilsteins that people talk about? Im just confused cause i was in a thread and people were talking about getting regular bilsteins and sending them out to a company to do it. Also i wanted some people's opinions on the slp bilsteins for a daily driver - occasional auto-x use with strano springs, thanks guys!
Old 09-05-2009, 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sam Strano actually revalved my Bilsteins. I do not believe he does them anymore though.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Based on what I've read here, there appear to be a couple versions of "SLP revalved Bilsteins". I'm not sure exactly which ones I have, but I bought a set of them directly from SLP about 8 years ago, and I'm using them with Eibach "ProKit springs. I like them, however, after 8 years and 40,000 miles, they are either getting a little tired or I'm just really used to them, as they seem to be getting a little "soft".