General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Squeaking sound with all belts removed???

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaking sound with all belts removed???

I just purchased my car a couple weeks ago and it was spueaking when i got it and i figured it would just be a pulley or belt. The car already had a new water pump and one of the belts was new. So i checked the pulleys using a stick and found the bad bearing. I repacked the bearing. Then i bought a new ac belt. Before replacing the belts i run the car to make sure the problem was in the pulleys or the belts.... After the car warmed up the squeaking problem was still there... This was with no belts in place... I dont understand this. I am pulling a p1416 code which i think has nothing to do with the problem. What could cause the squeaking noise if it isnt coming from any of the pulleys or any of the belts? Sounds just like birds chirping.

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's probably the AIR pump. It operated electrically. That code deals with a problem with the AIR pump. You can disconnected the power to the AIR pump and see what happens.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can hear it does it sound like this?
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=40687986
You can hear the chirping that my car made, camera didn't pick it up well. But in my case was a bad rod bearing. Where did you get the car from? It could be your AIR, but don't second guess it.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any solution to this? Mine just started this today. Also did it after the car warmed up. Started the car to go for a drive and it was fine, got to my destination and heard a squeaking. Almost sounds to me like a valve train noise but after trying to pinpoint the noise I have a hard time believing it.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

P1416 is usually a dirty check valve in the AIR tube above exhaust manifolds.

Remove, clean with intake cleaner, dry and re-install. Although this code is for the passenger side, might as well clean them both.

This is unrelated to your squeak. Don't mean to worry you, but if it squeaks with all belts removed, I doubt it's a simple fix.