Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What suspension pieces for me?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Default What suspension pieces for me?

Guys I wanna take advantage of the sales this weekend and tomorrow on the UMI stuff. My car has the current mods in my sig below. Probably around the first of the year I'm going to do a motor. Most likely a 408. Car is basically a weekend warrior. It will see some track time.

What suspension mods should I do? I know probably LCA and torque arm at a minimum. Should I get adjustable or non-adjustable? What if any other pieces would be good for my application?

Thanks very much for any and all info in advance.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Thanks for the interest and I would be glad to help.

Does the car have an aftermarket rear end in it yet? If not any plans in the near future? How often will it see the track? What size rear tires?

For a torque arm I recommend the adjustable transmission mounted set-up. Since you will be making some decent powered the adjustment is always ideal to have, especially for a track car. Also this torque arm is designed to clear very well with the TSP true duals and in most cases will give you additional clearance over the factory torque arm. I will post a link, please check out the installation pictures which show this item installed with a TSP dual set-up- www.umiperformance.com/2205

Let me know and I am glad to help. Thanks!
Ryan
Old 09-07-2009, 04:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

Thanks for the interest and I would be glad to help.

Does the car have an aftermarket rear end in it yet? If not any plans in the near future? How often will it see the track? What size rear tires?

For a torque arm I recommend the adjustable transmission mounted set-up. Since you will be making some decent powered the adjustment is always ideal to have, especially for a track car. Also this torque arm is designed to clear very well with the TSP true duals and in most cases will give you additional clearance over the factory torque arm. I will post a link, please check out the installation pictures which show this item installed with a TSP dual set-up- www.umiperformance.com/2205

Let me know and I am glad to help. Thanks!
Ryan
Stock rear-end. Don't plan to go to a 12 bolt until I break the one in the car.

It will see the track a few times each season. 99%of the time just driven on the street on weekends.

I have 17x10.5 wheels with 315/35/17's on the back.

Quick Reply: What suspension pieces for me?