Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLP Longtubes

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FLP Longtubes

I have found a set locally and from a seller on this site but I am curious about the headers them selves.

Is the major downside to them the fact that they dont have a long collector? I know this will hurt power some but I am not building the car for all out speed. Also I am considering putting Stranos springs on it and from what I read these headers tuck up higher then most others, if this is true that would be a bonus for me.

Please post up anything I should know about prior to getting these, I have searched quite a bit and not found anything that pushes me away from them but its one of those deals to good to be true things.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im not sure about FLP's, but my hookers tuck up VERY well and other than the y-pipe/I-pipe hanging low, I could lower my car with no problems.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran the FLP headers on a previous setup. I believe their design is quite similar to the "Dynotech Supermaxx" headers I currently run. While there has been some lingering debate on the collector design, it does offer the advantages of ample clearance. I am lowered ~ 1-1.25" and never have had any clearance problems.

I think it is a quality header set-up. There are many excellent choices out there, but the collector issue may be a little overblown as far as any performance concern.

Good luck.

..WeathermanShawn..
Old 09-08-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine fit fine, the only complaint I have is that the oil plug bolt is very difficult to get out, pretty close to the oil pan. I actually cut the end of my bolt off, and then just ran a filter magnet on the car.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts