Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with this new setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with this new setup

Hey guys im runnin a a 95 lt1 6 speed. I just bought a nitrous setup from a guy off of ls1tech and need some advise. With the kit i got a bottle fuel, N2O, and purge noids and a mallory ignition with timing retard. From what i understand this guy had it set up on a wide open throttle switch to activate from 3000 to 5900. Now my question is when i scroll through the settings on the igntion it comes up with a 10 degree ignition retard. Now i believe that is all the time not just when the nitrous is engaged but im not sure. I took the car out for a test drive tonight and it runs great until up around 3000 and then it just dosent pull anymore. Is that because of the retard? and do i even have to use the retard at all? thanks alot for the imput
Old 09-09-2009, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

Have you tried changing the -10 to -2 or something and seeing what difference it makes?

-Will
Old 09-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Teching In

yea i just did that today...i think it may have just been my imaginaiton haha i dont know i hadnt driven the car in a good while and had just got out of a z06 when we took it for a ride haha