Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

1st Rebuilt T-56 with Tick Master and Textralia OZ700

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Rebuilt T-56 with Tick Master and Textralia OZ700

Well I have finally been able to find the time to rebuild my trans (the right way) and get it back in the car. It was actually pretty straight forward minus the guide pins ( I had a hell of time getting those suckers to line up). The help from the folks on here enabled me to do it. Thanks again.

While I was at it I got in on the Tick Master group buy a while ago. It is a nice quality piece. It was tough to get it behind the brake booster but I had expected that from reviews and the instructions. I was able to get it in by loosening the brake booster a bit and a second set of hands. The master also came with the remote bleeder which was also a nice piece. There was one problem however, the fitting for the line to connect to the slave was incorrect. A quick call to Joey at Tick resolved the problem. I had the new fitting in 2 days! No questions asked. It was extremely refreshing to see someone stand behind their product. Tick is a stand up outfit.

I followed the instruction included with the master to a 'T'. They were clear and easy to follow. I no longer get the light 'thunk' when putting my car into first and it shifts like a dream.

The OZ700 I already had and just reused it. It showed minimal wear.

In short I finally have a relaible combo that I am satisfied with.