Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test drove a 47k SS today!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 03:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Test drove a 47k SS today!

Hey guys i test drove a black on black '10 camaro ss at my local dealership. They had two as of last night, today they only had the one. It was a manual and had black wheels. I also didn't know that they still had the skip shift in them. That was funny. Didn't seem quite as fast as my car, though. The other SS they had there last night was gray, and an automatic and it was only 33k! I just don't get the way these guys price things, seeing as they also had a yellow non RS V6 there not too long ago for the same exact price. All in all, i liked the way it felt. So much more comfortable than my ls1, but i felt like there was a lot less window space in it, and i don't even have ttops. The trans temp guage and oil temp guages are pretty sweet, though. Im sure theyll be even more appreciated when people start heavily modding these things. Ill try to go back and take a picture of it and post it up.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

There are people out there that will pay those astronomical prices and thats what they hope for. The same thing happened when the 2005 Mustang came out.

I want to rent one.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a black on black SS with black wheels yesterday at my dealer. The black wheels are not my cup of tea.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

we took one in on trade this week that doesnt even have 100 miles on it... guy just didnt like it... it's a burgundy ss.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Launching!

^ That same car is still in the showroom (I didn't bother to ask what they want for it). I live in northern VA (multiple counties in the area have a median income of $90k+). If these things are sitting on lots around here, they aren't that hot of a commodity.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by johnlv6
^ That same car is still in the showroom (I didn't bother to ask what they want for it). I live in northern VA (multiple counties in the area have a median income of $90k+). If these things are sitting on lots around here, they aren't that hot of a commodity.
I'm in northern Va too, what dealership?
Old 09-21-2009, 04:31 PM

Default WOW! $47K?? Just drove a 2SS/RS off the lot last week

For $37K all in (tax, title, etc). Sunroof, stripes, wheel and a few other options as well. Watched them unload it from the truck after the dealer called me and said the guy who ordered it backed out. Drove it home that night....got 4% financing on it too!

Quick Reply: Test drove a 47k SS today!