Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weld one piece rim

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weld one piece rim

Anyone know what the weight is on the new Weld Alumastar 2.0 one piece bolt on rim is? Is it lighter then the old Alumastar front or how the weight differents from a pro star to just old alumastar?
Old 11-29-2003, 08:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DERTY would know the exact weight i'm sure, but when i compared his 15x10's to my 15x10 Pro-stars with the same Hoosier 28x10 the 2 piece alumastars were lighter by probably 5 to 8 lbs a wheel.

The fronts were significantly lighter, but he's running hoosier fronts and i have sportsman pros. So I don't have a good idea of what was wheel and what was tire.

I'm sure he'll chime in
Old 11-29-2003, 09:46 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Steve,

The one piece is a little lighter than the two piece. Not by a lot though, kind of a wash. Jim Winn (GoFast) posted the weights of the one piece a while back. It was not that much different because the rims are so small. However my rims front and rear weigh substantially less than than the pro stars do. The Pro Stars are very heavy in comparison. I have all the wheels off and in the garage. I'll run out and weigh them for you later on.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Bogart Alumi-lite comes in at 6 1/4 lbs. the one peice Weld weighs alittle over 9lbs.
Steve 10 has a GP going in the sponser section until Dec. 8th, take advantage of it now because you won't find them any cheaper. Bogarts in my opinion are the best looking-fitting-lightest rims available for the F-bodys.