Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4" reduced to 3" ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 04:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 4" reduced to 3" ?

I have a Pacesetter Ypipe with a Flowmaster merge collector installed. It is 3" In to 4" out. After that I have a 4" DynoMax Bullet dumped on the end.

The Bullet is tucked up as high as I can get it, but ground clearance is still horrible.

I was thinking of getting a cut out on the end of the Flowmaster Merge with a 4"-to-3" reducer and a 3" Bullet... but I'm afraid that would be too long and hit the axle..hah

What do you guys think about that?

Another option, would be just a 4"-to-3" reducer to the 3" Bullet without the cutout... Would that be too much of a restriction?

I think I might add the cutout, I have a welder and sawzall, so I could shorten everything, just not sure if it would be enough.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hell, if you wanted to be really low profile you could put a cutout in, then go to spintech and get their 4" round to 4" oval pipe and mate it up to one of their oval in/out mufflers (only 3" tall), and then do a 4" oval dump. All stuff they sell. Only problem is that the muffler isnt really the best at flowing (nature of spintechs design).

Dynatech and borla also have 4" mufflers that are only 4.5" tall. Strait thru designs.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:35 AM
11 Second Club

On Summit I had it limited to round case mufflers... I didn't realize the oval mufflers could be shorter.

Hah, That would make things much easier. The problem now is the 4" Bullet has a pretty big case.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
Hell, if you wanted to be really low profile you could put a cutout in, then go to spintech and get their 4" round to 4" oval pipe and mate it up to one of their oval in/out mufflers (only 3" tall), and then do a 4" oval dump.

That sounds like it would be just as long as the first idea..and more expensive..hah

This muffler http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DTC-76-014402/ says it is 4.5"...only 0.5" less than the Bullet...so I don't know how much that would help...
Old 09-14-2009, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

My cutout is actually a shortened 90 near the top dumped out in that open pocket near the edge. Pics somewhere on here of it.

Quick Reply: 4" reduced to 3" ?