Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dangit - Missing hole

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 01:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member
Default Dangit - Missing hole

I have the fenix999 alternator relocation kit I got about a year ago to use on my 408. Well, I'm mocking up a 4.8 that I'm going to run for a while and went to install the relocation kit just to find that this bolt hole is missing:

Here's what it should look like, the lower hole is there, but the upper is not. Now I'm screwed again. I need the alternator up top since it's going to be a front mounted turbo. Help?

Thanks fellas,
Tony
Old 09-17-2009, 02:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Okay, I just did some rigging, I'm for sure going to lose PS for this I'm sure... Just trying to get this running with what I've got for now since I'm already out the $. Let me know what you guys think? I used tape to simulate the belt (will get an exact measurement soon) and the tensioner in the pic pulls to the right so it will keep tension pulling up under the water pump, down on top of the alternator, and up under the crank pulley, so it should work great. Everything lines up as it should. Let me know what you guys think!

Quick Reply: Dangit - Missing hole