Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS Delete Custom Brake Lines

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS Delete Custom Brake Lines

Anyone Ran There own brake Lines and Removed the aBS.... If so would you share some pics...
Old 09-21-2009, 02:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of done it. There was post awhile back with a few setups. Some have taken our kits and modfied them as well.

The best option in my opinion is our pre-designed kits. It will provide a direct install with everything you need. Our kits start at 139.99 and include every fitting, preformed line with OEM style fittings and an adjustable wilwood valve. Options are 40.00 for our line lock and electrical kit, and 20.00 for the double flare tool needed to connect to the stock lines. Any connections requiring preassembly is already committed. No Teflon tape is necessary. Even the proportioning valve comes preassembled with the lines.

Sometimes there's nothing more gratifying to designing something yourself. …Especially if you want something custom. If you prefer attempting building one on your own, we can supply you with components you may need. As a preemptive comment, I won't advise mounting pieces in areas that may be difficult to access if adjustments are needed or areas that are close to high-heat sources. Make SURE you mount any type of valve securely, do not leave them supported by the lines. The configuration of our kit as shown below is a rather easy clean install allowing for adjustments and located away from heat sources.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran my own lines in standard 3/16 stainless lines just last week. I went manual brakes So I figured it would be easier to just run my own.

It's really pretty easy. I used pieces from a parts catalog but I'm sure they are very similar to what SJM has. Probably alot easier with one of SJM's kits.

If you check the build thread in my sig you can catch a few glimpses of my line work. Hardlines were pretty stock-ishly routed. The slick part of my setup is the bulkheads in the fender wells. Then soft lines ran from the metal well to the caliper. Its going to Look real clean.

~Jim~
Old 09-21-2009, 09:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BassProCamaro97, very nice work on the whole car.

I noticed you commented on a manual brake setup. We actually offer an ABS delete kit specifically for most current 4th gen manual master cylinder setups on the market such as BMR's configuration (info intended for others reading the post).

It's not listed on the website at this time, but we've been offering them for many years.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the kind words.

I'll get some more pics up in my thread later this week showing my rear routing and hopefully my softline work.

~Jim~

Quick Reply: ABS Delete Custom Brake Lines