Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Differences between 224 duration cams and lift/LSA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Differences between 224 duration cams and lift/LSA?

What different applications are these smaller 224 duration cams used in according to their lift and LSA? I've read through TSP's dyno thread on different 224 duration cams and for the most part they make around the same power give or take a few HP.

Why are there so many different grinds out there with different lift #'s which all produce the same power? Obviously the LSA seems to be more for idle characteristics on the more street friendly setups(I'm aware a good tuned setup on a lower LSA can still be very streetable).

Are the lower lift versions of these cams more suitable for the crappier flowing heads like the '98 (yeah I have one LOL)?

Just wondering what the different 224 cams are intended for with their different lift #'s. IDK guess I'm just bored......and well, I'm also interested in buying a 224 duration cam but there's so many grinds that its probably a coin toss will narrow it down eventually LOL!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TR is tried and true and a little easier on springs. Since this is obviously not a max effort that IMHO....

Quick Reply: Differences between 224 duration cams and lift/LSA?