Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slow 2-3 shift, 3-4 slip?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow 2-3 shift, 3-4 slip?

I have a 4l60e thats supposed to be a fresh rebuild (factory specs) and I installed the transgo hd2 shiftkit. I had never tried the tranny before installing the kit as the car was in pieces.

So now when I accellerate hard 1-2 shifts *bang*, 2-3 seems to just float there until I left off a little. And just yesterday I noticed if I manually shift from 3-4 while accelerating (not wot, just an average accelleration) that before its delayed shift into 4th the rpms go up briefly.

Any suggestions on anything to check or is it on its way out the door? I was going to remove the pan and check the feed holes but that was before I noticed 4th acting weird.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take the shim or shims out of the 1-2 accumulator bore, as you probably drilled the 1-2 hole in the plate. As far as the rest, you need to be "fine tuned" from a well versed tuner. Your partial 3-4 shift is a "flare" that may be cured with some tuning. Clutch or band clearances may also come into play there. That should cure your problems. Good Luck.