Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anti roll bar/sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti roll bar/sway bar

I have no sway bar at the moment and the car rolls terribly. Went to the strip last night and was highhly disappointed not only with traction but the body roll. So i need to pick up either anti roll bar or aftermarket sway bar. I would like some opinions on what to get. I am on a tight budget right now so price does come into the equation.
-As for the car it has tubular k, tubular lcas, bmr subframes, torque arm. And moser 9in. It is my daily driven car at the moment, but will see time at the track. The guy i bought the car from chopped the sway bar that was on off. Im looking at the bmr extreme or the wolf anti roll bar. But the BMR is kinda pricey!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
This is just another option for you! UMI Performance has a few different bars to choose from. Either a Drag Bar (which is on sale at the moment) or a Solid Sway bar. I am sure you will not be disappointed in the performance. Below is a link to show you what we have too offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...ex&cPath=7_114

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 09-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

How much difference in performance will you see between the drag bar and the other sway bars? Id like to have the car be very solid in the rear. Also what will i need for adapters on the moser 9?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...n4td3b1rmu1l53 guessing this one?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went from low 1.6 60's, then adding a BMR Adj. anti roll bar and scaling the car, to 1.3's. UMI's looks identical to my BMR, but I'd highly suggest some Madman relocates for the shocks, how they are mounted in some of those pics is asking for damage.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

True! What kinda of 60's should i expect? I just bought the car and went to the track and was quite dissappointed! I was told it ran 6.8 before on all motor but my 8.3's with a 2.3 60' and trapping at 93mph. 295 invos couldnt hook at all! has all bmr subframes, k member, lower lcas, torque arm, 9inw/390s.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Your 60's will vary depending on your set-up, power, ect ect

However if you are running no sway bar now there will be a significant difference in 60's times and your launch in general.

For choosing you need to decide what is more important to you. The Wolfe bar is a nice piece and a good set-up, it will be extremely stiff on the street and I don't think it is recommended for street use. The drag bar like we offer is more street-able and works decent on the street. It will however be stiff on the street and not something you want to take turns real hard with. It uses polyurethane bushings will allow some give for street-use... this type would be your best set-up for drag and a car that see's some street use.

If you go with a regular sway bar like a 22mm the car will be very street-able, the bar will help some at the track but nothing like the drag bar bar. The car will improve from what you see now but not for the perfect launch.

If you go with our drag kit like you posted above you will need any adaptor brackets, the kit includes everything. If you go with a regular rear sway bar you will need a kit like this- www.umiperformance.com/2244-300

I hope that info helps you some, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Ryan

Quick Reply: Anti roll bar/sway bar