Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

i need some help??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question i need some help??

i am kind of new to the forum world, and LS1Tech seems to be one of the better sites to get answers from, so here it goes.

i have a blown 04 V that is making 435 RWHP. the past couple days i have noticed a vibration when accelerating. then in a neutral, deceleration, i will get a vibration AND a nasty grinding sound from under the car. its only happens about every 5 MPH decrease while coasting.

i put the car on the lift and when i grab the rear wheel, and move it forward then backwards slightly, with a couple quick movements you can hear a nasty clicking that is coming from inside the drive shaft. its coming from the rear, right before it goes into the diff.

sooo...... just from reading on here, maybe the bearing is bad?? or maybe someone else has an opinion... bottom line, i need to fix it! i cant stand it. lol. making 435 RWHP, with plans to change cam and heads and pulley to make more HP, i dont know if another stock drive shaft is the best solution.

any ideas of what the problem might be? and is there anyone making any drive shafts out there for these cars. thanks for taking the time to read.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Hendrix was going to offer a new DS with their rear kit.
I'd drive to a DS shop and have them do measurements and have them make it.

Can't help with the other question though. GL with it and sounds like you have an awsome car.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like a wheel bearing if the wheel moves when on a lift. I would definetly start there. i know cadillac designed the two pc DS for the turns which is why its two pc. so i guess it would depend what you like to do with the car. straight line or turns.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Teching In

thanks for the input so far....

the clicking noise i am hearing from the DS comes when i move either wheel back and forth. i am going to get it on the lift again tomorrow and get another opinion from another person that has some experience with the car.

im still leaning towards a DS issue, and i am thinking about working with Hendrix on getting something going with it. then ill work on the half shafts, so if i just replace everything, im sure the noise and vibrations will have to go away, right?? lol...
Old 09-28-2009, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea but if it doesnt your out a couple grand lol
Old 09-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Teching In

yea, being out the couple grand wont be a good thing, except for having some nice parts on a car that wont move. ill keep everyone posted, because if the DS fixes the problem, then we know some nasty symptoms that the car can have if the drive shaft goes bad. and then can maybe help the next person.

i spoke to Hendrix today, and i am going to talk again to him tomorrow for some final details about what we might try to put together. a sweet part for all V owners is what might come about.