What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

02 som z28 camaro price?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 som z28 camaro price?

is this a good price or should i ask lower?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...les-cheap.html

thanks
Old 09-29-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Could be a good deal. You really need to look at it and see what else it needs. If the seller is out of money what else has been ignored or neglected? Maintenance maybe?? Many questions to ask. A water pump alone wouldn't be horribly expensive but you better make sure about other things. You don't need to buy a 'money pit' at any price.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Could be a good deal. You really need to look at it and see what else it needs. If the seller is out of money what else has been ignored or neglected? Maintenance maybe?? Many questions to ask. A water pump alone wouldn't be horribly expensive but you better make sure about other things. You don't need to buy a 'money pit' at any price.

lol sorry i should have been more clear. That is my for sale thread. Ive been trying to sell it for awhile but have had no bites. Im wondering if Im asking too much
Old 10-02-2009, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Same advice in reverse. Your ad sounds negative to a prospective buyer. It says, "I'm too poor (or out of money) to maintain or fix it before it completely falls apart. I've been running it hard. Please take it off my hands". Personally I would not respond to your ad. Change the wording and make it positive as long as it is truthful. Example: "Car has been well-maintained but it is time to sell. It does need a water pump but otherwise is fine with just a few minor cosmetic issues expected from a 7 year old car". Don't get into too many negatives in the ad. You can explain that stuff on the phone or in person. You want people to call you to discuss, then be truthful. Good luck!

Last edited by NC01TA; 10-02-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Teching In

alright good advice. thanks man
Old 10-04-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It wouldnt hurt to detail the car and take some more pictures. If I see a dirty car for sale it makes me think the owner doesnt give to ***** about the car. Which means it was mostly like not matained well. Also why are there LT1 rims on the car?
Old 10-13-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take a look at how your front fenders line up with your doors down low...it's not a result of an accident, it's just from someone jacking the car up improperly...but it's fixable with a 2 X 6 and a hammer (you put the 2 X 6 on the tab below the fender and tap it back ti being straight with the hammer, and it tugs the fender with it)...and maybe some large pliers or vice grips too...but it will make a major difference in the appearance of the car, and won't cost you anything at all...also, if you can turn wrenches, and clean a gasket surface, a water pump is a quick job, and the part only costs $130ish at a decent parts store (don't get a shitty autozone pump, get a good one at like a napa or something)...I just changed my pump last week, only removed my airlid/maf/bellows and the hoses off the pump itself, didn't have to take anything else in the car apart and I was able to catch 99% of my coolant and pour it right back in too...you'd be better off to spend that money on a pump as a buyer will try to take like ~500 off the price of the car because of it.

Quick Reply: 02 som z28 camaro price?