PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead PCM?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead PCM?

I have an 02 Z28 Camaro that is basically stock. This morning when I left for work car started right up. Went to the gas station to fill up. When I tried to start the car again it was absolutely dead. The only light I have is the seat belt light on the instrument cluster which stays illuminated even without the key in the ignition.

After work I checked fuses and swapped relays and of course checked voltage from the battery to the fuse blocks etc. (which is 12.5v). The only other sign of life I have is a stuttering attempt at a chime when the door is open and key is in ignition.

The car has a new battery, alternator, and positive battery harness. The car used to sit a lot and I had a battery go bad and form corrosion on the posts and cable. Have not had any problems for months since changing these items.

My thoughts are that either the pcm is bad or possibly I have a corroded/broken power wire going to the pcm???? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car magically came back to life and fired today. Took several cranks and then it idled at 600rpm. I cannot so much as feather the throttle or the engine wants to die. Anyone have any thoughts? No SES light.