Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Would like to hook better...which part to get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Would like to hook better...which part to get?

Thinking between an adjustable torque arm or a nonadjustable panhard and relocation brackets for the LCA's, or possibly something else.

Car doesn't have any wheel hop with the tires on now but I put Comp T/A 50 wear rating tires on it for one day when getting a flat fixed and I got slight wheel hop. I measured the LCA angle in the rear and it was between 1-1.25 degrees (higher in the rear). I don't want to spend a lot of money since I just bought about $4000 (first time I added that up) already on my next wave of parts. Car will always be stock ride height and on 200+ wear rating tires. Please help rather than try to sell. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Panhard bar + relocation brackets will be the best bet if your car is lowered.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kept the car at stock ride height for better weight transfer even though everybody says lower it for looks. Is 1-1.5 degrees fine for the LCA's or should I get relocation brackets to make it 0*. I was also reading that long thread on the torque arm and it seems they won't help/hurt 60's as long as they are between 0* and -2* (-1.5* best?) but will they do anything over the stock stamped piece. Any idea on which parts to get?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I have just a few suggestions for you to help with your traction issue! I would suggest upgrading the rear first. And seeing how you already have a set of lower control arm. I would suggest try the relocation brackets first. Either stock or lowered you will not be disappointed in the performance seeing that the relocation brackets allow you adjust the lower control arm more parallel to the surface. And anytime you upgrade to a adjustable torque arm is a + as well. It will eliminate all the flexing issues and depending on what arm you go with you will also be able to adjust your instant center. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help. Below is a link to show you what UMI Performance has to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...lsehl4ps864nb0

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...lsehl4ps864nb0

Thanks Again
Brad