Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI k member question

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UMI k member question

I looked at the pics between street and road race versions and they look like the same pics. Where is the extra bracing in the road race versions? And would the regular or road race version be better for the street?
Old 10-08-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They may be the same picture but it says on the product description that the Road Race version is more structurely stable for excessive handling. It also weighs 3lbs more also then the Street version. Unless you are going to use the car in something like SCCA, then I wouldn't bother with the Road Race Version.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the car may have a little drag racing but mostly street. No road racing at all.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

They are the same basic unit, the RR version has extra bracing to minimize flex. But the
"standard" unit is already far more robust than the others out there.

Here you can see the extra gussets on the braced, or RR version: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=22&ModelID=7

The standard one, as seen here: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=22&ModelID=7 doesn't have the diagonal bracing added.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:22 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Pavetim
the car may have a little drag racing but mostly street. No road racing at all.
Hello
Thank you for considering UMI Performance! Seeing how you are going to be using it just for Drag Racing and Street use you will be just fine with the non road race version. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 11-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
They are the same basic unit, the RR version has extra bracing to minimize flex. But the
"standard" unit is already far more robust than the others out there.

Here you can see the extra gussets on the braced, or RR version: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=22&ModelID=7

The standard one, as seen here: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=22&ModelID=7 doesn't have the diagonal bracing added.

Is the street version already stiffer then OEM unit? I like to corner hard on the street. Is the RR version's only con being 3lbs heavier? I don't mind paying a little extra for a piece of mind. Or will I absolutely never break the street unit on the street?

Last edited by Dom; 11-08-2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:24 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
Thanks for considering UMI Performance! Yes the factory replacement K Member is more solid over the stock and it is lighter as well. Like mentioned above if you are just going to be running the vehicle on the street you will be perfectly fine with the non road race version K Member. But in the end its going to be a personal preference on what you want. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad