Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

transmisson alignment?, shifter rubbing interror

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 02:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmisson alignment?, shifter rubbing interror

Hi all,

My issue is that my shifter will rub the center council and when i shift into reverse the center council bends. I thought at first its an interror issue, but the more i try to allign the center council its still not giving me enough room. I seem to need the trans to shift al least one inch to make the shfter be center with the rest of the interror.
I have attached a photo to better explain my problem

Is there any way to adjust the transmisson more towards the driver side than passenger? I loosened up the cross member to try to pry it, but no luck. I changed my car from a a4 to m6 and always had this issue, but like to get ir resolved.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails transmisson alignment?, shifter rubbing interror-imag0068-1-.jpg  
Old 10-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Teching In

having a similar issue with my 2004 CTS-V.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Teching In

i had the same issue with my 02. After putting in long tubes the exhaust was banging like crazy so i put in some poly motor mounts. Upon removal, my old ones were totally shot. After i got the poly ones in, there was no more banging and the shifter was finally alligned in the middle like it should be. Mine had 90,000 or so miles on it so it was about time. Im betting this is your issue.