Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 12 bolt owners with TCS or ASR

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 01:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moser 12 bolt owners with TCS or ASR

My TCS is kicking in while I am driving on dry pavement. I will be driving straight or sometimes turning and the gas pedal will start fluttering like traction control is kicking in then I have to hit the tcs button to get normal use of the gas pedal again. Sometimes it goes away, but most of the time it will continue doing this while I drive down a completely dry road! Any suggestions???
Old 12-04-2003, 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

I put my 12 bolt in a year about a year ago and it has just recently started doing this!
Old 12-04-2003, 02:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Corey, mine does that too every now and then except my TCS/ABS lights both come on and stay on. and you cant turn the TCS button on again. just stays "off" according to the instrument panel. Try getting your pcm scanned and see if there are any codes being thrown for the abs. Mine has thrown the RR abs circuit code so i am going to try and replace that sensor. havent done it yet though.
(BTW...this is jason, we met last aug down there at hooters. I had the red WS6 cassie was lookin at. we are coming down in the spring too.)
Old 12-04-2003, 03:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLKWS6
Corey, mine does that too every now and then except my TCS/ABS lights both come on and stay on. and you cant turn the TCS button on again. just stays "off" according to the instrument panel. Try getting your pcm scanned and see if there are any codes being thrown for the abs. Mine has thrown the RR abs circuit code so i am going to try and replace that sensor. havent done it yet though.
(BTW...this is jason, we met last aug down there at hooters. I had the red WS6 cassie was lookin at. we are coming down in the spring too.)
Hey whats up? Thanks, but mine is just activating the tcs for no reason. I mean the other day I was cruising like 55mph in 5th gear and the pedal started jumping like I dropped the clutch from 5000rpms on wet pavement with tcs on. That is what mine is doing! Hey man, let me know when you are coming down in the Spring so we can get something going around that time.
Old 12-04-2003, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure if this is the problem but it was with mine:

Hooked up an ohm meter to each sensor and found something interesting. As you may know, Moser installs long bolts for the wheel studs instead of using standard studs that have a low clearance head. The bolt heads of the Moser wheel studs run very close to the ABS sensors causing a different reading everytime the Moser studs come close to the sensor. I couldn't find the right size of spacer so I took a copper pipe and cut two 1/4" spacers for the sensors (one for each sensor). I also used a couple thick washers (1/4" thick) below the ABS sensor bracket which helps keep the sensor straight. My ohm readings seam to be fine now and match the front wheels. ABS/TCS problem gone. My ABS/TCS lights would stay on ALL the damn time no matter what.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same issues with my 9" and did the same thing that rodent did. I've had no issues since then.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:47 PM
10 Second Club

My ABS light does not come on. My low trac light does and then the gas pedal flutters from the traction control mechanism!