Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

240sx LS1 drift car

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 240sx LS1 drift car

I am planing on building an ls1 swapped 240sx this winter. Its 1990 coupe that has an sr20det freshly rebuilt engine. I have went back and forth on weather to buy a bigger turbo, inj, and standalone. I decided it would be more reliable and cost effective int he long run to build an ls1 240sx drift car. Many have done this swap and I plan to join them. Plans as off right now is to fully rebuilt the LS1. I will need help on this being new to thse engines. I need to research and read all the great info on this site. With your help I plan to have this guy running by march. Im looking for my ls1 to yeild high 300's. To do this I plan in purchasing a 224/224 with a 112 lsa, ls6 intake, custom headers, and a nice tune. LS6 heads are in the plans, but we will see how the budget goes in the next few months.

Quick questions that come to mind:

Oil pump?......plans are to get an LS6 pump
Bearings?.........OEM or after market?
Build the oem heads or leave them alone? LS6 heads in the plans!!!!

THIS POS

DO WERK!!!

+

=

AWESOMETOWN!!!!!

Stay toon this winter for the GOES HARD BUILD. Sr20det is coming out for an LSJUAN!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Those lime green wheels are dope...goodluck ont he build
Old 10-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Teching In

Which kit are you going to use or are you going custom?
Old 10-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Im thinking in buying the SIKKY oil pan and oil filter relocation. The rest I plan to fab myself. The reason for going with the sikky oil pan is so I dont have to mod the sub frame. I dont know if it matters competeting in usdrift or proam events, but I know in formula D you cannot modify the sub frame or suspension pick up points. Imm still in the air about this. I will be building my own mounts and headers for sure. Im just not sure what Im going to do with the oil pan.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:20 AM
Teching In

Check out Daft Innovations too! They did an LSX Swap. They have a few parts on their website to help u decide what u need and don't need.

I plan on doing that swap to my 93 240! Good luck!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by spike2000
Check out Daft Innovations too! They did an LSX Swap. They have a few parts on their website to help u decide what u need and don't need.

I plan on doing that swap to my 93 240! Good luck!
The Daft kit probably wouldn't work for him since he needs something that don't modify the subframe. I believe the only kit out there that don't modify the subframe is the Sikky. Daft is a bit cheaper and can be piecemeal. Either way will get you there.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:08 PM
11 Second Club

This is my favorite body style 240! I almost got one instead of my Miata actually. Good luck! It will be a blast once you get it on the road.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Teching In

I rather not hack up the subframe on a build like this. The daf innovations is a good kit, but this is something I can simply do myself if I go the route of cutting and rewelding my subframe. It is comp legal.? probably....others seem to do just fine with it. But if sikky has done all the research and invested the time to come up with a bolt in kit I might just have to go this route. I am talking to sikky right now to see what we come up with.

Quick Reply: 240sx LS1 drift car