Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

and the project goes on, underhood update w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 03:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default and the project goes on, underhood update w/pics

finaly got the car to my garage at home, so i am back working on it,

tonigth i painted the big plastic thing under the air lid, and holds the radiator/condenser (dont remember the name)

i was goin to paint it black or red, the black matches the cars paintdjob, but the red would match all the suspension units, brake calipers,strut bar,and few other things (got a little red/black theme goin on, w/very little red)

than i had the idea to just clear coat it well, that would be more flexible and should come out black?,
i gave it two thick rounds, and baked it for some time, and i am really happy with the resaults, its just plain black w/good gloss, i'll have to polish it a bit though, damn dust

here are some phone pics
before

under construction

when i builded the new motor i used the waterpump/tensioner/pulleys from the stock motor, the waterpump looked fine, until it was on the new motor, than it looked old and dirty,
then to top it the steering pump died when i was test driving the car after the motor swap, and sprayed steering fluid all over the pumps/pulleys

tomorrow i will take the waterpump off the motor, and polish it down, and then paint it red to match the strut bar/swaybars/sfc's and more,
also i have a brand new steering pump that i will also install,
i gave the v-belt tensioner a make over, it was from the old engine and probably bin there since the car was new, i washed it w/cemicals and water, and then polished it down, then i greased the bearing, cost= $0 and its looks so much nicer now,

here i have few pics that i have posted in the suspension forum,
finished installing my suspension parts 2-3 weeks ago,

Vogtland springs 1.2" drop
bilstein shocs
spohn swaybars front/rear +rod ends bushings and more
UMI tubular LCA's
UMI relocation brackets, using lowest holes (3")
UMI 2point bolt in subframe connections
UMI chromoly strut bar
energy suspension gearbox rubber thingy (need word)
all in a red finish.

some have bin comfused about my shock/spring choice, but i am realy pleased w/the resaults, its realy stiff in any way, but still very comfy to drive on "highways" more suspension modds are on the to do list

cheers!, thule

[img]
Old 10-17-2009, 03:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reminds me alot of my car!