Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lsx notch...what to pull off an f-body

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 02:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lsx notch...what to pull off an f-body

hello everyone, i picked up a 92 notch a couple of days ago and its getting an lq9. Me and a friend went junkyard digging earlier and saw an ls1 z28 that was a clunker trade in. So the motor is junk. What will i need off of it for my swap? i plan on getting a truck engine. Should i get the accesories off the camaro or can i make the truck alt. p/s brackets work? pcm was gone and the harness was cut up. Should i pull the radiator and electic fan off? any help would be great. Thanks
Old 10-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Teching In

depending upon what intake you want to run determines what accessories you can use. if you use a ls1/ls6 manifold you should use those accessories because the truck water pump will hit the intake. But, i've read you can modify it to work.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Also, the radiator/fan setup will fit right into your car, so i would grab that.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

just got back from the junk yard. i got he radiator and the fans off of it. Ended up paying $70 for it all. Not bad i guess. Im going to wait on the accesories till i have the engine. Chances are my lq will probably come complete.