Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

CAMARO letters filling help

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CAMARO letters filling help

Hello every1...i have a 98 BLACK z28 and i was wondering is there any EASY way to fill the rear letters in red or chrome am not considering any online orders coz shipping costs alot and it isnt worth that money lol so is there an easy way to do them?

Also, i want to paint the Z28 badges silver or red...any advices how to remove them n wt kinda paint i use and how to stick them back on....thx alot
Old 10-22-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

uuum, pretty much everyone i've ever seen who has their letters filled with anything has paid for some sort of fill-ins, whether it be mirror/stainless, acrylic, composite material, or vinyl. and i dont know where you've looked but shipping should not add that much, and the overall prices in general are not high AT ALL. if you can afford gas to put in the car todrive it, you should be able to buy some fill-ins. and if not, then save until you can. if yoy want good, quality fill-ins, check emblempros.com- great stuff and very reasonable prices. if you dont want to spend as much, even though i would not recommend this at all, get vinyls(i bought them once, put them on, and took them right back off, and ended up throwing them in the trash. they are not worth it IMO- i switched to emblempros fillins and never turned back). check ebay, there's no way you wont find vinyls, their everywhere. look for the seller with the best/most positive feedback. FILL INS (of any type, even including vinyl) ARE HANDS DOWN THE EASIEST WAY TO DO ANY REAR LETTERS OR ANY OVERLAYS. thats just the way it is

as far as the Z28 badges go i still feel you should just check into some overlays, better quality, and you will be happier in the long run. but if you insist on painting them, i would say to get some liquid paint. or you can even use some spray paint, good quality, durable paint. spray some of the paint into the cap so that you have a good amount of liquid paint in there, and with a brush, slowly and carefully paint the emblem. i'd say do this with the emblems on the car. if you decide to take them off you have to go through the trouble of removing all of the adhesive from the emblems, as well as from the car (no fun- i just removed the molding off the side of the car- the process sucks) and then you have to get some new adhesive to reapply them, and try to get them back on the car evenly. more work than i'd ever do for something that has such a simple solution as pre-cut, high quality overlays

Last edited by crimson_bird; 10-22-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think mine were $48 shipped?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Make them out of electrical tape.............duct tape..........?
Old 10-23-2009, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

EmblemPros.com

Polished stainless steel. $35.00 plus $6.00 shipping. Too much for shipping??? I don't think so. I mean, you can always use red touch paint to paint the letter fill-ins.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:31 AM
Launching!

wow learn from my mistakes. i thought the same thing and did the CHEAP thing. RED TOUCH UP PAINT..... twice as much time to get it off as it took to put on. what was i thinking
Old 10-23-2009, 04:46 AM
Teching In

I went to o'reilly auto parts and paid $3 for a roll of pinstriping and filled in my letters.. They had multiple colors but here are the pics of it I can't complain about it... They've been on over a year and I go to the car wash regularly and they still look good. Hope this helps.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=55851804
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=55851805
Old 10-23-2009, 05:28 AM
TECH Addict

loool hey thx all...its not that i cant afford! lol its about the place where i live..i live in the middle east (United Arab Emirates) am trying ebay but nth its either no shipping or the shipping cost way more than the letters them selves ill try again and see ....wt do u think red or silver would fit better? and hell no not duct tape

Last edited by omarrakeen; 10-23-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ohhhhh!
Well, either red or silver should work nicely.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

yea well ill see i think am going stripes too so ill make a match up thx

Quick Reply: CAMARO letters filling help