Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

What Happens at each Stop?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 07:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default What Happens at each Stop?

Like I said, this will be out first HRPT and I am just kind of courious as what to expect at the stops? Is it like a car show, a cruise in, is it just like hanging out in a parking lot with your buddies, are there different "activities" planned....what? I really have no clue. I am not asking about each specific stop...just in general what takes place???
Old 04-21-2010, 06:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Curious too?
Old 04-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First thing you do is register either online or via phone. Upon arrival at your 1st stop, no matter which day or city, you go to registration and take care of that. If you longhaul, you get a goodie bag plus credentials for driver & passenger, plus a bunch of other misc. stuff.

Then you park your car at the venue with thousands of other cars, and start walking around, checking out the vendors, meeting new friends, taking pics etc etc.

Usually between 4-5PM or so, people start leaving, maybe going to eat somewhere or back to their hotels. Its easy to hook up with other people, maybe go eat together.

There will be certain activities at the different venues. Sometimes, at a drag strip, they have had auto crosses in the last couple yrs, sometimes there is a lunch stop at a special place while enroute to the next city.

In the evenings, people hang out in the parking lots of the hotels where they are staying and get acquainted and swap lies, BS, share stories of all kinds. This is the most fun part!

In the morning, you have the option to attend the drivers meeting usually at 8 or 830am at the previous days venue, then head out for the next stop. You can follow the "suggested" route given by Hot Rod PT or hook up with a group and caravan your own route. Then you repeat the above activities the next day.

This is our 4th PT and we have never gone to a drivers meeting. Too much traffic with everyone trying to leave. Now Hot Rod is offering text messaging to alert us of any route changes or construction etc etc. That is what they discuss at the drivers meetings.

If u want to get more info go to www.hotrod.com and look for the "Forums", then look specifically for Power Tour and there is a ton of info there!

Hope to see ya on the tour!
Old 04-24-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not to mention different event's planned at venues, like autocross, drag-racing, or driving on a Motorspeedway(like Bristol last year). But it's different every year. Oh, and sometimes along the way there are courtesy stops at car related businesses for lunch and a tour(Ididit steering columns). Either way, there's always something to keep you occupied.

-SS
Old 04-25-2010, 03:57 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. I've done the last two power tours. It's cool to go and watch the cars run up and down the streets afterwards, but be careful cause the cops eventually get annoyed and start pulling people over. Then it becomes fun watching the cops pull people over. Anyways, you'll have a blast. I'm still debating on going to this years power tour, but we'll see.

Quick Reply: What Happens at each Stop?